Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dance Recital

Sunshine Lyndsi! Dylan with Papa and Lyndsi
What a handsome kid! Dylan

Yep, our little ballerina had her first recital last week. Actually, she had 2 with a dress rehearsal thrown in for good measure! She was so cute in her little yellow polka dots! The song for her dance was "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles. It was all very adorable! Mom wasn't a very good "dance mom" - she didn't buy any flowers for curtain call! Good thing we have such good friends. Lyndsi ended up with 3 roses, one from good friends Amy and Zoe, one from Mrs. Gilmore who works with Jill and one from one of Lyndsi's teachers. I threw the dried up roses away today (yes, threw them away - horrors!) and Lyndsi sobbed for 5 minutes. I didn't know she'd be so sad!


Nana and Papa came for Saturday's performance. Lyndsi was so excited to have them here.



As I said, creating a blog was only one of my summer goals. My first goal is really to clean up my classroom. Nope, haven't done that one yet! I can't seem to get motivated to get there and do it - maybe tomorrow!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't she just the cutest:) I love it! :) Woo hoo another blog to read :)

Amy said...

Yep, we gotcha hooked now. Just give Jeff a call if you need any help with HTML code, LOL! Looks like you got the photos working great! Dylan looks so handsome for sis' recitle. We had a great time at the show last week. Lyndsi did such a wonderful job!

Dennis and Julia O'Connor said...

Lyndsi looks so cute! I bet it was a fabulous recital. I know what you mean about the roses--I didn't ever get any for my girls and I've always been the evil parent when it comes to getting rid of things.....garage sale anyone?