Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rainy Days and Yard Sales


The kids love the cool break from all the heat!

Yes, we actually do get rain on this side of the mountains! We had three days of rain last week. It is unusual but not unheard of. We sure needed the rain as there was a fire burning just outside of Omak. The rain helped douse the flames so the firefighters could get the burning under control.

Lyndsi was up and out the door to play in the rain before I even got out of bed!



Steve was away at a soccer tournament this weekend so the kids and I spent yesterday yardsaling. Not buying - selling! Several of my friends and myself do an annual yardsale and typically do very well. We had about a $700.00 sale! Though it's a hassle to sort and price, it's always fun to have an excuse to hang out all day together. We drank coffee and ate donuts and pizza. The weather was perfect and the shoppers were fun. The kids even parted with some of their beloved toys to make a little spending money for Alaska.

Which reminds me - we leave for Alaska next Saturday! I don't know that I will be posting anything in the next week but definitely check back for (hopefully) daily pictures of our trip! We are all anxious to hit the road (or the skies) and head north.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, the blog looks (and sounds) great! You need to let me know what you are using for audio?? Do tell. Everytime I put video clips on I get complaints that people have issues, but yours seems great!

The rain was nice. Looks like the kids had fun. I also love the car wash (and dog wash) photos!

Have a great time in Alaska!!!! Take lots and lots of pictures!