Saturday, June 13, 2009

School's Out For Summer.....

aaahhh...... No, no, no! I can't relax just yet! I still have a classroom to clean up, a doctor's appointment to go to, a camping trip to get ready for and a Master's class to read for! The good news is that I can do those things when I want to - not when I have to. Well, all except for the doctor's appointment. I should probably show up when they want me to.

Steve and the kids hit the pool last night. A sure sign that summer is here! They'll be going again tomorrow. I'll be heading to Spokane for my Monday doctor's apt.

Another sure sign of summer is bar-b-cuing. We had the end of the year BBQ for our district here at our house on Thursday night. What a perfect evening! It started out a little warm but cooled off to a pleasant temperature for the rest of the night. Lots of people came to relax and eat. I like that we do this district wide because I get to see people I normally wouldn't get to talk to.

Dylan had perfect attendance this year! It's a first for me! I've never had perfect attendance, neither has Steve. I was very happy for him! My parents came to watch him receive his certificate and pin. They brought him a bouquet of balloons and a card. Then they took Dylan and Lyndsi fishing at Leder Lake. It made the last day of school very fun for the kids.

Tonight we went to an annual cook off at a friend's house. Another sign of summer! Good food and a fun band. Lots of people we didn't know but still fun.

We'll spend next weekend camping with my parents and sisters at Lake Wenatchee. I'm looking forward to our first campout of the year - hope I'm ready!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ahhhh....I'm right there with you on doing things when we want to instead of when we have to (although I do have a lot of things that I need to WANT TO do over the next three days)! Thanks for the BBQ and for looking after our pooches for a couple days!

Enjoy some rest time!

tRiShA said...

Take extra heavy duty mosquito spray for Lake Wenatchee!! LOL Thanks again for hosting the BBQ at your house...so fun ;)