Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's All Changed!

Blogger that is! I ignore my poor blog for a while and, when I come back, it's all changed...... I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out but my dashboard looks different!

And on to more of the Streeter summer! Did I ever write that we have 2 chickens? Tigger and Rose live in a coop next to our house. They are the funniest creatures I've ever owned! We let them out a bit everyday to roam around the yard and to "help with weeding" as you see below...... OK, so they basically destroy my pots and flower beds but they are so darn funny, I don't care!

In this picture, Tigger and Rose are bathing in the potting soil. They literally bathe! The first time I saw them roll around in the soil, I thought maybe they'd been poisoned and were seizing - now I just think it's funny!  
I wish you could see their feet flapping in the air when they do this!

 Stampede 2011
Yvette came to town! Woo hoo! This year, Yvette happened to be taking some vacation time at the same time as the Stampede. Instead of taking I-5 south, she came into the states on the smaller highway 97. It just so happens that 97 runs right through my little town! So Yvette, Steve and I took in all the sites of the Saturday rodeo. I'm always a bit worried that visitors won't want to come back once they've been to the Omak Stampede but Yvette is talking like she might be back next year. Thank you, Yvette!

 Sooo....several years ago Steve sold his treasured motorcycle because he wasn't able to use it as often as he wanted. The poor guy has been drooling over his friends' bikes, wishing for his own (though he could always borrow Mike's from next door!) for many years. This little baby caught Steve's eye as it sat on the side of the road with a bold for sale sign......and now it's in our driveway.....he's happy and the kids love it so I guess I like it too.

 Middle School?
 Does anyone else have trouble believing that my sweet baby boy, who loved shopping with me and working in the yard with his dad....is in....MIDDLE SCHOOL! There is no more shopping! Sixth graders in Okanogan go to the middle school. They still have a homeroom teacher who they are with most of the day, but they have their supplies in lockers and they travel to the other classrooms for different subjects. Today we went to the middle school so Dylan could show me how he opens his locker. He was so proud of his achievement!

So that's it in a tiny nutshell.....so much more to catch up on but it will have to wait until I'm not so sleepy!

1 comment:

thetessaroo said...

glad you're back. i missed hearing about you streeter folk! loved the chickens and their dirt bathing. maybe they enjoy the seizure-effect? :)