Monday, July 30, 2012

I've Abandoned my Baby!

At least that's how I'm feeling! Yesterday afternoon, a beautifully sunny day, Steve, Dylan and I drove Lyndsi and her friend deep into the woods and left them there....

OK - nothing quite so dramatic! But we did drive deep into the woods and leave Lyndsi and her friend - at camp. I had a hard time when Dylan went away to his first Boy Scout camp and I'm having a hard time now that Lyndsi is away at her first church camp!

Here's how it all went down: Lyndsi's little friend (seen below) invited her to go with her to Camp Ortoha, a Lutheran based camp about 40 miles away. Very nice gesture - except that camp is 5 nights long! I wasn't sure how I could handle it! However, Lyndsi seemed to be able to adjust to that fact pretty quickly, despite my reminder that there was no cell service so I couldn't call her to check on her...

So I agreed to let her go - with a little encouragement from Steve - and now, she's gone....for 4 more nights. I shed a few tears on the drive home yesterday but Lyndsi was truly excited to be going, and even more excited once we got there. I guess that makes me happy.....


2 comments:

Meagan said...

That's the difference between us, Jill! I just sent my eldest away for a weeklong camp (first time) and I was quite excited!!! (Of course, most of the excitement came from knowing how much fun he was going to have....)

Meagan said...

That's the difference between us, Jill. I just left my eldest for a weeklong camp (first time) and I was excited!! (Of course, that was MOSTLY because I knew how much fun he was going to have....) :)