Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back to Life...

Yep, school's back in session and life is back to normal. Sort of! Steve and I took down the Christmas decorations today so the house is beginning to resemble it's old self. Still quite a mess in the basement but we're getting there!

School started on Wednesday. Good thing it was a short week - I was still fighting my post Christmas exhaustion! Don't know what's going on but I feel like sleeping an awful lot these days. No, I'm not pregnant and I don't think I'm getting into any gluten infested foods so I don't know what else to think!

I don't have any new pictures to share but if you want to see some fun sledding pictures of Steve and the kids, check out Kendal's blog http://kendaljeanphotography.blogspot.com/. She and her fiance went sledding with Steve, Jeff and all the kids. I'm glad she went because she's a fantastic photographer! She and Shawn have become good friends and I'm happy they chose to move to Okanogan! Like so many of us, Shawn got a job here and now they are planning their wedding.

The kids are being amazingly nice to each other (knock on wood!) Don't get me wrong - we still have our share of teasing and arguing but Steve and I have both look at each other in shock when Dylan gives Lyndsi a compliment (without even a prompt!) or when Lyndsi shares her gum (without being asked!). I don't know - maybe there are some New Year's Resolutions going on that I'm oblivious to!

It warmed up to 40 degrees today so our beautiful snow has begun melt away. It's pretty much a sloppy mess outside right now! However, the sun was shining and birds were chirping so I hardly even noticed the muddy slush!

Well...I guess I've entered the new age...I now own a cell phone! I activated it last night so I even have a phone number. Now, if I could just figure out where to hold it so I can hear through the earpiece! I know, I sound like an old woman. But it's true! I have such a hard time finding the sound when I talk on cell phones! I move the silly thing up and down, over and over until I can actually hear the person on the other end. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be a pro before long!

No comments: