Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Face of a Winner!




Yep, here is the face Dylan comes off the mat with when he pins his opponent. You can imagine what it looks like when he loses! Today I realized that Dylan is a pretty darn good wrestler! I don't know why it took me a year to figure this out - maybe it was my mommy blinders - but I was able to watch Dylan's matches in a relatively objective way today. He's darn good! The tears are a result of the adrenaline shooting through his skinny little body. He hasn't figured out a way to deal with it all, other than to break down and cry! However, even as Dylan was crying, he was winning! Again this week, he pinned in his first match, won by points in his second and was pinned in his third. We spent the morning in Tonasket watching kid wrestling, this time without the Cheeseman clan for support!


See Dylan on top???





Spring has sprung!

After our return from Tonasket, we stopped by The Rusty Shovel, everyone's favorite local furniture/decor/garden store, to see the newly opened garden shop. Wow! It makes me want to get to work on our yard! The temperature was somewhere in the 50's and the daffodil shoots are popping through the cold ground. It's almost spring! As happy as I am about the sun and the blue sky, I can't help thinking that spring adds a whole lot of work to our already busy schedule! But - we took advantage of the warm weather and headed over to the sports complex to take on the walking path. The kids rode bikes and Steve and I walked along with them. It just so happens that one of our neighbors also came to play on the playground equipment. We had a good visit and returned home 2 hours later!




Weekends like this make me yearn for summer. The family time and fresh air are so good for us all!

2 comments:

Kendal said...

I know what you mean by the warmer temps bringing more work. We spent the morning hauling 3 truckloads of wood to the house, now we just have to split and stack... ugh!

Amy said...

Woohoo Dylan! Way to wrestle! LOL, we have the same snowy photo on our blog. Had fun last night at dinner with everyone! I'm just finishing up homework right now, but I just saw a green blurr run through the house and touch Lily on the back, run through the bathroom and throw candy on the dining room table! Happy St. Pattys!