Thursday, March 20, 2008

Were We Playing Hooky?

Isn't she so sweet???


Nah - Dylan was just getting better! I stayed home from school with Dylan yesterday. He'd had a horrible cough and was running a fever the 2 days before so I made my sub plans and settled in to be a loving, caring mother. Wrong! That kid has so much energy! His fever didn't return after about midnight so I was stuck at home with an 8 year old boy who had been down for 2 days! We had fun visiting iCarly.com and doing some reading but by noon we both needed to get out.

So....it was my lucky day! Lyndsi's preschool class was putting on 2 Easter programs for a local memory care facility. Dylan and I got to the second program just as the kids were getting ready to start. I did feel a bit guilty about having my supposedly sick son at a home for elderly people but he'd tested negative for influenza and positive for an ear infection. So hopefully he wasn't contagious! And, don't forget, no more fever!

Lyndsi is so sweet! The kids sang several spring and Easter songs as they marched in a circle and then face their audience. Lyndsi was a bit shy but she performed right to a couple of gentleman who were smiling sweetly at her. I'm so glad I got to be there!

I promised the kids I'd take them to Horton Hears a Who tomorrow night if we didn't have to clean our rooms. What do you know - they both hit the bedrooms this afternoon and got them spic and span! Well, sort of. But who knew the power of bribes was so great! Nana and Papa are also coming tomorrow night to be here for wrestling and Easter.

Which brings up another exciting event - mom is officially retired! Well, as of tomorrow anyway. She had a birthday today and works her last day tomorrow. They plan to be here for the weekend and then take off for Albuquerque and some road trip adventures on Thursday. They'll be gone for about a month. Can't wait to hear about their freedom!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Retirement to your Mom!! How exciting! Lyndsi looks so cute! Yep, sometimes those kiddos just have to stay home and get better! Funny, Dylan was talking about icarlie.com when he was over in the morning the other day. Max told him, "yep, I've been there too." I had no idea! I'll have to check it out.

Happy Easter!