Monday, May 26, 2008

No Comments??

Come on! Just because I write about little things like lice doesn't mean you all have to shun me! Last time I checked, lice don't like computers so you all are safe to check the blog again! I know. It's kind of hard to comment when someone brags about head lice, so I'll forgive you this time. Besides, I have a little thing called site meter that tells me someone has been checking the blog. Don't know who but I know you're out there!

I haven't been in the "blog mood" lately. Sorry about the lapse in updates. It seems all of my time at the computer has been spent looking up hotels and things to do for our future road trip. Anyway, the mood hit me tonight so here I am - watching "John and Kate Plus 8" and typing on the computer. Check this one off my list!

I mentioned the future trip. Yes, even with the price of gas so high, we are taking a road trip this summer. Amber, my best childhood (teenage, adult) friend and companion is getting married in South Bend, IN at the end of June. I want to go! No matter what! So we're going. What Jill wants, Jill gets. Hmm... sounds nice! Actually we have a lot to do on our trip. Amber has just given us an excuse to go.

Before the weekend of the wedding we will also be heading to Menomonie, WI to visit my grandma and my aunt and uncle and cousins and their children. Whew! It's been 5 years since we were all there together so this will be fun. We will also be spending a day or so in Chicago and Yellowstone NP, as well as several other stops along the way.

School is out on June 6 - yippee! Do you remember my griping at Christmas when our break was so short? I said I'd be happy in June. I was right! This long weekend has made me long for summer. Aaah.... We've been volunteered to host the end of year staff bar-b-que for our district. Yep - district! It's small, remember? So Steve is crazily getting the yard ready and I'm crazily thinking of all the projects we/I started 2 years ago when we moved in (that still aren't finished!). Oh well, no one will look anyway, right? Ha! I actually spent a lot of time outside this weekend planting and cleaning out beds. I got to use my new potting table. I love it! Steve made it out of recycled deck wood and I could spend all day at it.

Lyndsi graduates from preschool on Wednesday. I do get a bit teary eyed when I think of it but I'm comforted by the fact that she will be attending the same school for half of her kindergarten day next year. The teachers at the Montessori school are the best in the world! I am so thankful that they want kindergarteners as well as preschoolers. Anyway, there will be a short ceremony and a program for all the families on Wednesday evening. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to share.

The other day I realized that I only have 9 days of school left, which, at first, excited me but then saddened me because that means I only have 9 days left being Dylan's teacher. This has been such a great experience. I love being with Dylan every day and getting to know him on a whole new level. More tears!

So, the last few weeks. Hmmm.... where to start? Soccer ended, lice are gone, mom and dad came for a visit, I went to a Mother's Day tea at Lyndsi's school (That's a whole blog post on its own!), yard work, Dylan's spring program, Mother's Day brunch with the OK gang, fishing, laundry and laundry and laundry! And more laundry waiting for me right now! Good night!

3 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

okay so I messed up the other post big time!! Trying again!

okay I stalked your blog.. you're in my favorite blog list and I stalk them daily waiting oh so patiently for an update! :) Darn you and the talk of lice..my head is itching! (power of suggestion)

Sounds like a fun road trip! We'll miss ya! :) (well Karina and Ana will the most! :))

Kendal said...

Haha, glad I'm not the only blog stalker.

I'm jealous of the road tripping. We wanted to do that for the honeymoon, but the all expense paid Alaskan cruise is a bit more tempting with the gas prices :0)