Sunday, September 28, 2008

September in Seattle

I love it! The kids and I spent the weekend in Seattle with Robyn, Kim, Erin, Melissa and my parents. My dad has an appointment tomorrow in Seattle to figure out a plan of attack to rid his body of those darn cancer cells that keep appearing so he and my mom were heading west anyway. When I found out that Erin was also going to be in town I figured I shouldn't be left out of the party so I invited myself along!

The weather was gorgeous, as it can be in the fall, and our days were filled, as they are when we travel. We spent yesterday Pike Street Market and at the new sculpture garden downtown. Then we took our lunch, purchased from the market, to Discovery Park where we hiked (and I mean hiked!) down to the beach to eat. It was quite a walk to the beach - I think I figured out it was a little over a mile and all downhill - but we were able to refresh before hiking back up. Dylan played in the seaweed and collected shells while Lyndsi cowered from the bees.

Robyn and Erin had a party to go to so I spent the evening with my parents and the kids. We shopped at Whole Foods downtown, which I had been wanting to do for a while, and then had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, one of our old haunts from our younger years. Back at the hotel the kids swam while I watched and then we all hit the hay. Everyone was asleep within several minutes of their heads hitting their pillows!

This morning we got to spend some time at IKEA - I know, the market AND IKEA all in one trip!! That doesn't happen for me very often! After lunch , the kids and I started our trek home while everyone else went back to Robyn's to spend the rest of the day.

The drive was long but the trip was fun and very worth the effort. Once school starts for the year, we don't do the quick weekend trips as often as we'd like so I'm glad I jumped on this opportunity.

Lyndsi went to cheer camp for a couple of days after school last week. She looked darn cute in her little Cougar cheer outfit while she rallied with the other cheerleader wannabes! She missed the performance Friday night due to our trip but she enjoyed the experience anyway.

Speaking of Lyndsi, my little girl is about to be toothless! Her front bottom teeth are so ready to fall out that one of them is turned almost backwards! The little smarty pants won't let us near her mouth to help the little buggers out!

Dylan is in full soccer swing. The season is actually about half over all ready. He missed two games this weekend and had one last weekend. I think we have 2 games this week but don't quote me on that! He still has his long soccer locks and pretty much looks the part!

I don't have my pictures uploaded yet but I'll get a few on to share, hopefully tonight.

2 comments:

Kendal said...

No wonder we didn't get any help with moving into the new house, but I would have gladly ditched for Seattle and IKEA! We're doing the quick trip over there the three day weekend for furniture shopping. I'm crossing my fingers for Ikea.

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'll be watching for photos! I can't wait to see Lyndsi without teeth!