Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ladies' Night at Ace Hardware

Yep, it was ladies' night at Ace Hardware in Omak - and I went. I'm sure you're asking, "What is ladies' night at Ace Hareware?" Honestly, I don't know! It sounded like an interesting idea (kind of like a Beer and Cookie Exchange for the holidays) and a friend from school was going so I went, too. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but they sure know how to treat the ladies at Ace Hardware on ladies' night! Yummy snacks and lots of prizes - that's the way to my heart! I didn't eat anything but it sure was fun to watch the chocolate come out of that fountain.

After that we went to the local winery for their Ladies' Night. Now that I understand! Free wine tasting and good cheeses - fabulous! I sampled several great wines and snacked on peppered olives as I stood in line waiting to buy several great wines. At 15% off, who could resist!

I am so happy to have a successful and classy winery close to home (about 10 minutes away to be exact!). It will be a fun excursion when we have visitors.

I really should be going to bed or writing a Christmas letter, but the idea of a Ladies' Night at a hardware store was not an idea I wanted to keep to myself. Just thought I'd share a bit of what I do for fun around here with the rest of my blog followers!

BTW - that cute little gerbil who was following me around the other night? Well, I think he might have been saying good-bye. He passed away sometime before Thanksgiving morning, which is when I found him. Lyndsi wasn't too upset....she just picked him up by the tail and carried him off to show Dylan. Hm.

3 comments:

Kendal said...

I went to Ladies' night last year, it was pretty fun.

Maybe a future vet in Lyndsi :0)

Lisa said...

I missed Ladies Night at ACE? hmmm

Sounds like Lyndsi handled it well. RIP little gerbil

Anonymous said...

It's another wonderful thing about Ace Hardware….