Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He's Our Birthday Boy!

Yes, I'm the proud wife of a 39 year old man......and you thought I was talking about Dylan. So sweet!



Steve has officially been 39 since 5:58 pm. He's getting old!!! We went to dinner last night with the kids' free pizza coupons so we called that Steve's dinner out. Tonight we had a nice, but not fancy, dinner and then Steve and Dylan went to Cub Scouts. I made peanut butter cookies per Steve's request - he's not a huge cake fan - so we put a candle in the middle and sang our little hearts out! The kids get so excited for birthdays. They love creating a surprise for us!



Speaking of surprises, Lyndsi woke me up with breakfast in bed on Sunday. That is one of the surprises both kids like to give us. My breakfast this weekend was sliced bananas in milk with a sprinkling of sugar and a big glass of milk. Hmmmmm....... Very sweet - the act and the breakfast!



Guess what? Lyndsi lost one of her loose teeth!!! Finally! Both of her bottom front teeth are so loose they are twisted backwards! I'm sure I've written about these teeth before but I don't know how to post the link. Anyway, one finally dropped from her mouth! Actually, it disappeared from her mouth. She was brushing her teeth the other night and noticed that it was gone. I assume she swallowed it but we're just not sure where it ended up. And, no, I don't plan on doing any digging to find it! The tooth fairy came and delivered a goody despite the lack of the tooth under the pillow.



Meet Sue! Anutie Erin gave Dylan this dinosaur model. He put it together on Sunday and now Sue sits in the middle of our dining room table. Nice centerpiece, huh?


Dylan played in his first basketball game last weekend. Whew! We weren't sure we were going to get him out there! Those darn old anxiety monsters reared their heads and it took most of the game for Dylan to relax enough to go out on the court. The last 5 minutes, 9 seconds to be exact!



To give you an idea of how nervous he was I have a little story for you. One evening last week I greeted Dylan after basketball practice with a big grin and a "How'd it go?". I quickly noticed the glum look and the tears in the eyes and my mother lion took over. "What's wrong????" I exclaimed. Poor little Dylan - his answer shocked me! "I got put on the 4th grade team....." boo hoo, boo hoo.... Yep, 3rd grade Dylan was saddened by the fact that his coach saw some potential in him and placed him with the 4th graders! I was so tickled I almost couldn't console the poor little guy. Anyway, something about the act of being put on a better team triggered some panic and it really threw Dylan for a loop. There are some of his friends on the team, both 3rd and 4th graders, so I thought that would make it all good. Not so! I'm hoping that next game will be easier.


Blog Overhaul
I've been experimenting with other looks for the blog. Now that I understand how the whole thing works, it's kind of fun to try new backgrounds and sounds. My friend, Michelle, started her own family blog and she has a beautiful song playing. So I copied it! I think it 's perfect!


3 comments:

Kendal said...

I like the blog update, very nice and seasonal.

Happy Birthday Steve!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Steve!! Wow.. you're so young :)

love your new look Jill :)

Amy said...

Looking good on the blog Jill!