Sunday, March 8, 2009

Have you seen my wall?


I love my wall! Our house has large, expansive walls that have been bugging me since we moved in. I can't figure out what to do with them! I've tried a couple of different colors and display options but none have made our house feel like our home. I think I've finally done something right....maybe.

Our entryway is home to one of those huge, empty walls. I wanted that wall to be welcoming and warming. I also wanted to use it as a place to hang our family photos. For quite a while I've been searching for matching frames to put our pictures in so that there would be a sense of continuity with the hodge podge of photos I'd chosen. Nothing was making me happy and I was thinking of changing my plan when it just hit me - BAM! - Who says the frames have to match? Duh!

No, I am not an interior decorator and one of the biggest challenges of owning our home has been making it look how I want it to look. I think I've done it with this wall. I covered the wall with my favorite photos, put up a welcoming saying and .... sigh ... I finally feel satisfied! I love to sit back and look at the wall and remember. I can't wait to see what photos go up in the future.

I've finally posted a couple of pictures of Lyndsi and the rest of the cast of the Princess and the Pea. Lyndsi is the Dust Bunny on the left. Aren't they cute!



Dust Bunnies!

2 comments:

Kendal said...

That wall works great! We haven't quite built up the collection of photos you have, I guess that comes with kids. Shawn won't let me put photos of the dog and cat all over the wall :0)

Amy said...

The wall looks fabulous Jill! Lyndsi is such a cute dust bunny!