Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm Cruising Now!

Yep - I missed a day....sigh....and I was doing so well! Day 70 is not here and never will be, though I'm sure something very exciting happened that day!
 

Day 66 Home
Both kids doing the dishes! Now that's not something we see much of around here!

Day 67 Home
Steve's been collecting matchbooks since he was a young teenager. We emptied his jar recently and look at what was right on top! Look closely....it's his mom and dad!

Day 68 River's Edge in Okanogan
Today is the Boy Scout Pancake Feed. The boys make pancakes, eggs, and ham and sell tickets to community members. People in the area look forward to the yummy food and the boys make some good money doing it.
Day 69 Klepec's House
We got a call that Dean's pig was having babies. I have always wanted to watch babies be born so we piled in the car and went out to witness the births. I even helped by catching some little babies!

Day 71 Home
Steve's been perfecting his garlic growing for a few years now. This year he had a beautiful crop! So, I learned to braid garlic! It was fun and I look forward to doing it again with this year's crop.

Day 72 Home
An ironing board? We have one? Yep, I pull this beauty out about once a year!

Day 73 Home
I know it's beginning to sound a bit gruesome but I took another picture of "Ruth". We had her cremated so we could decide what to do with her at another time. Steve picked up her ashes today
Day 74 Home
What a beautiful sunrise! I love when I get up early enough to see this! Ignore the date on the photo - I still haven't fixed that little problem!

Day 75 Omak McDonalds
My lunch date! Dylan wasn't too impressed with the cute little heart chicken nugget he found in his lunch!



Day 76 Home
Those pesky little leprechauns! This year they made a huge mess of all our shoes and left some lovely candy on our table!


Day 77 Virginia Grainger Elementary
This is my second grade class this year. They are performing the fable Tug of War in the style of an opera. I love our second grade performances every year!

Day 78 Home
Fruity Pebbles are gluten-free! I've known this for quite some time and secretly enjoy a bowl now and then. They aren't my favorite sugary cereal (that would be Fruit Loops!) but they are what I can eat right now!

Day 79 Our Garage
It's Girl Scout cookie time! These are the cookies we have ordered to sell at Wal-Mart and Safeway. 180 boxes!

Day 80 Wal-Mart in Omak
Selling cookies!

 
Day 81 Home
Monster Band is fantastic! Once a year, the middle school band and choir students from the valley all spend a day together and work under some very talented conductors, learning new songs and techniques, and then putting on a performance for parents in the evening. It was a great show!

Day 82 Okanogan SportsPlex
Steve's the assistant soccer coach for the boys this year. He and Dean have a pretty good partnership going!
Day 83 Home
Look what I found at Safeway! They've expanded their gluten-free section and I'm so excited! 

 
 

 





1 comment:

thetessaroo said...

oh, jillita. what a fun life you streeter's lead! and busy! and crazy! i love reading about your adventures. we might be heading your way this summer. i'll keep you posted. would love to catch up. :)