Sunday, August 12, 2007

We Survived!

We survived Stampede Weekend! I'm wiped out. After one night at the rodeo, two nights carousing with friends and two parades I'm ready for life to get back to normal. Not sure I know what normal is, however, so for now I would just like to get some sleep!

Erin and 4 of her friends came over on Saturday and pitched a couple of tents in the backyard. They let me hang out with them as they explored Rawson's and The Rusty Shovel here in Okanogan. We then dropped the kids off at the Cheeseman's and went to the Stampede Grounds to spend the evening in the beer garden. It's always a great people watching opportunity as well as a cultural experience in the Omak Stampede Beer Garden! Many of the Okanogan and Omak classes hold their class reunions on Stampede weekend so that friends can reunite - I think they all do it in the beer garden! There wasn't even standing room! I talked with my dentist, some co-workers, some parents of my past students and even some students themselves! Yep, I've been here long enough that my past students have turned of age and are hanging out in the beer garden! Not many, mind you, but a few! I've been teaching in Okanogan for 11 years and when I started I worked with kindergarten through third graders. It's those third graders I'm beginning to run into! It was quite a shock when Gordon stumbled towards me and told me that it was OK for him to be there because he was of age! Yikes!

We did watch the grand parade this morning and then spent a leisurely afternoon around the house, though I did take a walk with my good friend, Julia. Lyndsi went out to the desert in back and came in with these flowers. She likes to arrange flowers in my small bottles. I caught her in her creative moment!


Lyndsi with a couple of her bouquets

The act of enhancing beauty!

This was Lyndsi's response when I told her to smile for the camera!

The finished product. These now decorate various locations in our home!

Tomorrow, our dear friends Cheryl and Travis are stopping by on their way through town. I'm looking forward to spending some time with them and showing them around Okanogan and Omak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Amy said...

Wow, you guys never stop with your entertaining. Have fun with company!