Sunday, October 28, 2007

October Days

Yep, it's late and I should be in bed... Oh, well. I'll be starting out the week tired! So what else is new????

Only one more day of soccer! Lyndsi has her last practice tomorrow night. Dylan's last game was Friday night. Whew! I made it through another soccer season! Steve still has several games to go but I think he'll survive also. His girls didn't do so well yesterday. With a 4-0 loss they won't be taking state but they still have a chance to particiapate in the tournament. Pretty sad for all of them.

I took this picture of the Okanogan River the other morning. I couldn't resist! This is what I drive by every morning when I take Lyndsi to preschool. No one can say that I don't live in a beautiful part of the country. I love our river!


Steve continued work on the deck. He now has pegs up for the pickets. It's looking so good! I can't wait until next summer when we can bar-b-que and sit out there. We also borrowed our neighbors' riding mower today to mow and mulch all our leaves. Wow! What a trip! What normally takes all day took Steve about 30 minutes. The lawn looks better now than it has for a year! Of course Steve thinks we need riding mower now. Can't say I disagree!


We finally took some time this evening to carve our Halloween jack-o-lanterns. They were monsters! Our beloved Mrs. Baker gave each of the kids their pick of her pumpkins this summer. Little did we know how big they'd grow! It took over an hour to clean and carve them! What fun! Yep, the kids hit the showers when they were through. Dylan did all of his own carving and Lyndsi even cut out one of her own eyes (on her pumpkin that is!). You can tell which one - it's the little bitty eye!

I'm not sure what Dylan was doing here but it was too good to pass up the photo opp. At one point he stuck his head all the way into his pumpkin and was almost stuck for good!













With Halloween on Wednesday, the kids are hyped! They can't wait to get out trick-or-treating! We usually go to our good friends' The Cheesemans' for a party but we're all taking a break this year. Amy is busy with her online classes and everyone is busy with other things so we'll party again next year.





























2 comments:

Kendal said...

Hey Jill, The pumpkin carving looked like it was a blast! I just bought one today and I just have to convince Shawn to help me carve it.

Lisa said...

oh looks like fun! We didn't buy any pumpkins this year.. I know BAD!!

Great pictures :)