Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Week of Birthdays!

Wow! What a week! It started out with a relaxing weekend of scrapbooking! Woo hoo! I know some of you are saying, "Ugh! I can't believe she'd spend a whole weekend scrapbooking!" I sometimes wonder how I do it also but I'm not going to question it too much. I got to spend 2 nights and 2 days at Sun Mountain Lodge scrapping away the days and nights! I did take a break to sit in the hot tub and to take a nice long walk. Otherwise - I was sitting at a table surrounded by other crazy (most of them crazier than I!) ladies! This was my birthday present from my parents. Couldn't have asked for anything more!
Sunday evening I arrived home to a wonderful dinner and a birthday cake (gluten-free!) created by my mother. She and my dad had come over to take care of the kids while I was gone. It was a fabulous weekend!
Dylan insisted I wear the sombrero like at Rancho Chico!
My yummy gluten free dessert! Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and fudge sauce...mmmm!
Though there was no school Monday, I spent the day at work getting ready for parent conferences which were Tuesday and Wednesday. Long days! Very productive however.
I am now the proud parent of a 5 year old! I can't believe Lyndsi is 5 already! I no longer have any babies in the house. She's even old enough to go to kindergarten and next month she gets her kindergarten shots - ugh! Yes, Lyndsi had a birthday on Friday and a party on Saturday. We spent Friday at a cub scout pack meeting but made it out to dinner at a local Koala themed restaurant. They even have alligator toes and kangaroo ears! Lyndsi opted for old-fashioned grilled cheese :) The highlight of this birthday was the party on Saturday. We, and 16 other kids, went to the ice cream shop in town. This is a cute 50's style soda fountain place. The kids all made their own sundaes and Lyndsi opened more presents! Fun for all! I loved it because there was no cleanup at my home!
I made these little ice cream treat bags for the guests to take home with them. I got the bowls and spoons (all looking like ice cream cones!) from Oriental Trading Company and created a topping with M&Ms, mint candies and sprinkles. I was pretty proud of the final product!

Lyndsi with her birthday sundae. Look at those pink cheeks!

2 comments:

Kendal said...

Happy birthday to you and Lyndsi. It looks like you both had a blast!

Amy said...

The kids had so much fun at Lyndsi's party!!! We just used our cute ice cream bowls for the second time already tonight! I can't believe there were 16 kids there! They had such a great time! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. Tell the family HI if you get this!