Friday, April 25, 2008

Soccer Mania

has hit the Streeter household! We quickly replaced wrestling weekends with soccer weekends and I think everyone is much happier! With soccer 3-5 times a week, dance once a week and Cub Scouts once a week, we're keeping pretty busy. The long hours of daylight make our days on the soccer field very enjoyable.

Dylan in the goal! He volunteers for this position!
Dylan's team is doing well. I'm pretty sure they haven't won a game yet this spring but half of their team has never played soccer! Even though they are losing, they are playing well and not losing badly!

Now Lyndsi's team has never, ever won a game but we aren't officially keeping score for the U-6ers. Their total points for the season so far are a whopping 3! The points scored against them are around the 20-30 mark :) What a heart warming scene, to watch six 4 and 5 year olds playing their hearts out! They run up and down the field smiling the whole time. I know I've seen a foot kick the ball a few times, too! It's killing Steve as he is the coach of this peppy little team!

Lyndsi's foot is on the ball!

Last weekend was the district Pinewood Derby race. Dylan was the second place winner for our pack so he was able to race at districts. This time he came in 4th - not bad! There were approximately 16 racers, all who really wanted to win!


Pinewood Derby track

Lyndsi's big excitement this week came in the form of a sleepover. As I write, Lyndsi is snoozing away on the floor of her preschool (at least I hope she's sleeping!). The teachers of the preschool offer a sleepover every year as a fundraiser for the school. Eighteen kids' parents forked out $40 for their child to spend the night at the preschool. Pictures from past sleepovers show lots of fun and games complete with dinner and breakfast. I'm still a bit shocked that Lyndsi was so thrilled to be going! Not even a tear as we said goodbye (unless you could see the shine in my eyes!). Sigh - she's growing up....

The girls are ready for their sleepover!

We're off to Tonasket for a 9:30 soccer game in the morning. I hope the weather warms up a bit. Last weekend we froze! I'm also hoping to get out of the house early enought to get coffee at our new Starbucks in town. Yep, Omak has a Starbucks! I haven't rushed to get in the doors but I am excited to have late night coffee options!


No comments: