Sunday, June 29, 2008

Amber Is Married!

It's official - Amber and Jason tied the knot yesterday in a lovely ceremony and we were there to see it first hand. I'm so happy we made the trip. It meant a lot for me to be there to see my friend start a new life journey and I think it meant a lot to her, also. I asked her if I could post a few pictures and she said I could so when I am home I will show pictures of Amber and Jason at their finest.

We are heading back West as of today. South Bend, IN was as far East as our trip took us and we are now back in Wisconsin for the night. What a trip this has been! We've driven for hours at a time, sloshed our way down waterslides, hiked in dinosaur country, ventured into the big city of Chicago, visited my 16 month old 2nd cousin (?) and my 97 year old grandmother, witnessed a shooting in South Chicago (only into the air but frightening enough for me as we were lost and it wass 11 pm!), participated in pre-wedding functions, participated in wedding functions......whew! Need I go on? I am going to write more at home but I had access to a computer tonight so I thought I'd touch base.

Our visit with the Person/Schumacher clan was fun. The kids enjoyed re-meeting their cousins (who they didn't even know they had!). They would probably say that the highlight of the visit was the dead raccoon in the digging hole but I think they just liked being with people who were family! Our visit with Grandma was not what I would want it to be but I'm still thankful to be able to see her. She was on some pretty serious pain medication so wasn't herself. I was, once again, so proud of my son. He seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to his elderly great-granmothers. It brings tears to my eyes as I sit here and think back to him holding grandma's hand, putting his arm around her, hugging her and basically just sitting with her - all unprompted. Witnessing him with her was eye-opening for me. I know he is a sensitive little boy but we don't always see him being sensitive to the needs of others. I wish I could describe it in better detail but the words just aren't there for me.

Chicago was a blast! I'll tell more later but let's just say that I could have lived there and loved it at another time in my life.

This computer has a 20 minute time limit so I'd better skedaddle! More soon.

3 comments:

Kendal said...

Sounds like it was and still is a great trip. My wedding was great too, getting ready to post the first picture now. See you when you get home!

Amy said...

Hu! I thought I'd check and see if you had blogged while you were gone, and there it is! Glad to hear you've had a great time on your trip. I want to hear about Chicago and your shooting incident, yikes! See you in a couple days!

Lisa said...

woo hoo! Sounds like great fun! Can't wait to hear it all and see it all when you get home!