Saturday, June 7, 2008

School's Out For Summer!

I have this head banging song in my head and have for about 36 hours now! I really wish it would go away! But....yes, school is out. Yesterday at 10:40 I waved good bye to my 5th second grade class as they rode away on the school busses. Ahhh...my favorite day of the whole year! Hee hee! I love teaching because of the last day of school. Actually, I love everything about teaching except the fatigue that comes with the job so therefore, I love the last day of school!

We hosted the end of the year bar-b-que last night. Lots of fun except for the brief rainshower that forced us to move the food inside. The rest of the evening was a success and I think everyone went home happy.

We spent today recuperating from the year and from last night so I didn't get much accomplished but we did make it downtown for Okanogan Days. We all watched the parade and then Dylan and Steve walked around while Lyndsi and I went home. I pretty much slept the day away!

Once I check out from school I'll be able to think about next week's camping trip and then the up and coming "road trip". We are really looking forward to both. I'm also looking forward to getting my pictures all caught up and off my camera so I may be able to post a few fun ones soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jill! Thanks for putting your blog up here! I keep up to date on your family through Tess - but it's fun to see pix and read about it too! (And, could your kids be any cuter? NO! But, then look at their parents - clearly those adorable apples don't fall far from the tree!)
Your road trip sounds great! We hope to do that next year. Eric's mom just passed away from pancreatic cancer and since we didn't know the timeframe her illness would take we couldn't commit to a big trip. Now I know to hit you up for ideas next summer! We'll be heading to WI (where Eric's from - St. Croix Falls) too!
Have a wonderful time! I'll be checking in to read all about it!
Love, Meagan (Coffey) Swenson