Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving is Done!


Whew! Check one off our list. This list seems to grow instead of shrink! I'm not sure how life got ahead of me but this summer I was doing pretty well keeping up with all my duties and now they seem to be flying ahead of me in my own personal marathon! Aaack! Actually, it's only been 2 weeks of me feeling this way but I don't see any end in sight. I need 48 hours straight, without interruption, at home and then another 2 full days at school. Ugh!

Grandma Linda had a birthday on Friday so we went to Spokane for the night on Saturday. We had a yummy dinner at Prospectors Bar and Grill and then went to Nana and Papa's for dessert. It was a true party - Grandma and Rod, Grandma Margaret, Kim, Kellee, Nana and Papa and eventually Erin, joined us for part of the evening. Fun!

I promised the kids that if they kept the house picked up while I worked at school for a while this afternoon that we would carve our pumpkins tonight. A promise is a promise!


Once again, this year we carved our pumpkins and discovered a handful of change inside each one. This year was even more surprising as we grew these pumpkins in our own garden! We're saving seeds to plant again next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OK, how does the change get in the pumpkins? I have to know!