Friday, November 14, 2008

An Almost Sleepover!

Because I strive to be thoroughly exhausted all the time, I decided I could handle having a birthday party for six year old Lyndsi on a Friday night. Yep. I'm crazy.
Don't tell Lyndsi, though, because I think she had a really good time!

At 5:00 this evening, 9 girls and Dylan invaded our home. The girls all wore their pajamas as this was a "pretend" sleepover. All the fun of a sleepover but you get to sleep in your own bed. Perfect for kindergarteners! We danced, created picture frames, had photo shoots, ate dinner, watched a movie, had popcorn and M&Ms, opened gifts and had cake and bubble gum ice cream. All in just under 2 hours! I had planned for the party to take about 2 and a half hours but these girls cruised through everything! They were so excited about what was to come that they couldn't stay focused on any one thing for more than 10 minutes! For about an hour tonight it sounded like my classroom on party day, only with more high pitched screaming!

Lyndsi and her guests had a great time and they all looked so cute in their jammies! My favorite scene from the evening was watching them when they first sat down to watch their "Little Pony" movie. I set the popcorn out and 10 little hands reached into the bowl. You can see the mess in the picture.

Isn't she cute! I can't believe she's almost 6!

Check out the popcorn!

The pajams set the fun mood for this party!
Halloween seems like ages ago! Both kids raked in about 2 1/2 pounds of candy during trick or treating. Fortunately they still have most of it! If we allowed the candy to stay in the bedrooms, it would be gone by now! The party at the Cheesemans after trick or treating was relaxing and entertaining. The adults sat around the fire pit in the backyard while the kids took over the house.

Souther Belle Lyndsi and Pirate Dylan

Dylan and Lyndsi were able to spend the weekend after Halloween in Spokane with my parents. They went to a children's concert and Dylan went to a Gonzaga basketball game with Papa. We had 2 exhausted but happy kiddos on Sunday evening!

Soccer is over for Steve as of Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately his high school girls lost their State playoff game so will not advance. I'm loving having him home and available! Life may calm down a bit for the next few weeks.

Next weekend we are heading for Sun Mountain Lodge, our favorite weekend destination. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the family and our friends, the O'Connors. I might even get a pedicure with my birthday money!

No comments: