Monday, May 4, 2009

Bloomsday 2009

Dylan and Aidan on the bus to get to the beginning of the race

I've recruited yet two new Bloomies for my treasured tradition! Aidan and Dylan joined Julia, my mom and I for Bloomsday 2009. They're hooked! Aidan is 3 years older than Dylan but the two of them get along like 2 peas in a pod. Those of us experienced in the race prepped the little ones about all they'd see and do and hoped to get lots of pictures of this first Bloomsday experience. Boy were our ideas shot out of the water! As soon as those little feet hit the starting pad, they were off! We didn't see them again until we picked them up at the Kids' Lost and Found! Aidan and Dylan finished about 40 minutes ahead of us old fogies - and they stopped to buy Otter Pops! Their only complaints were the wait at the beginning of the race and that they were a bit stiff after waiting for us for so long! Yes, they'll be back next year.....

Check out Dylan's information here and mine here. Mom has her info. here.


Aidan and Dylan in front of Kids' Lost and Found, aka - "a big red bus"

I'm hoping that Julia has more pictures for me! I'll share them when I get them!

No comments: