Friday, May 29, 2009

A Graduation, A Petting Zoo, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts

All in just 4 days! I'll post a few pictures later but for tonight - just the facts!

Lyndsi officially graduated from Children's House Montessori Kindergarten on Wednesday night. Bittersweet emotions flowed through me as I watched her sing and play the handbells in the school's backyard for the last time. Bittersweet because next year she will be in "my" school all day and that will make life a whole lot easier (and cheaper!) but at the same time, Children's House has been Lyndsi's home away from home for 3 years. Her teachers are beautiful, wonderful women and the experiences they've given Lyndsi are priceless. Dylan attended the school for 2 years before Lyndsi's 3 so we've been a Montessori family for a very long time.

Graduation was held Wednesday evening but the last day of school was Thursday. The big finale for the year was an all day petting zoo held at the school. The teachers and kids brought in animals to share and the play yard turned into a mini farm, complete with a goat, 2 calves, a herding dog and several bunnies. Cocoa joined Lyndsi at school that day. Not sure how he felt about it all but his cage was a mess and he was pretty loving last night. I suspect it all made him a bit nervous!

Tonight was Dylan's end of the year Cub Scout awards ceremony. He has earned all of his "animal" patches so now becomes what's called a Webelo. I think this is a transitional time used to prepare the boys for Boy Scouts. The most noticeable change is the color of the uniforms. The shirts change from blue to tan and the neckerchiefs become a plaid pattern with several colors. Think we'll be calling Papa about getting a new shirt!

Lyndsi's big finale for Girl Scouts will be tomorrow. She will continue to be a Girl Scout Daisy for one more year but several girls in our troop are "bridging" up to Brownies. I can't be there as my first class starts tomorrow so I'll be in Wenatchee.

Speaking of that - I'm off to bed! I'll post pictures on Sunday - hopefully!

No comments: