Thursday, May 21, 2009

Countdown to Summer!

Only 14 school days left - ahhhhhh! Can't wait for the freedom! Had a taste of it today as our last soccer game was last night. It felt very strange to come home and take my time making dinner! I even got some more plants in their pots!

I stole this picture off of Amy's blog. She took the shot at the soccer tournament in Tonasket last Saturday. Dylan's team won their first game that day and Dylan had a couple of great shots on (and into!) goal. In this picture, Dylan and Laila (Dylan's friend and teammate) are playing against Max. It's so funny to watch them all play together. They congratulate each other for good plays and run to each other after the games are over. As Amy put it - that's sportsmanship!

Max's team ended up getting second in our bracket - a very close second I might add! We stayed to watch the final, intense games.


Lyndsi had her last game on Tuesday. I missed it as I was in Wenatchee at a mandatory meeting of my Master's cohort. I've been accepted into Lesley University's Graduate Program and start my first class next weekend. I'll be giving up 22 weekends over the next couple of years but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm feeling a bit anxious about missing out on my family's events but I think it will all be worth it in the end.

We are staying here this weekend to get some more chores done. Three day weekend at home - yippee! Maybe we'll get out to do some hiking or fishing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Dylan! I'm counting down the days, too. It's sunny and beautiful here so I feel like it's already over.

Amy said...

I hear you did get out to hike and fish...hoping to do the same here tomorrow!

So wow, here you go...into the world of weekend school work and classes! I'm so excited for you. You are going to do so well! Congratulations!