Saturday, April 25, 2009

Grandma Cleland

We recently had another sad event in our family. My Grandma Cleland passed away last weekend. I have been extremely fortunate to have had both of my grandmothers as well as my grandfather live well into my adult life. I also feel grateful on behalf of my children, who are so lucky to have met and gotten to know 3 great-grandmothers.

Grandma was 95. She was unable to take care of herself and had been this way for several years. The last time I saw my grandmother was in 2007 when the kids and I spent a weekend with her in Albuquerque. It was a fabulous visit and memories of that time keep appearing in my thoughts. Unfortunately, I lost my camera before returning home from that trip so I don't have and photos of Grandma to post. Maybe my mom or Erin (who were also with us) will send some to me and then I'll post those. I would also like them for my own memories.

One of my favorite photos of my grandma sits on my mom's dresser. It is of Grandma and I on my wedding day. We were both so young and cute! I've tried to scan that photo but am unable to locate it in my files. Maybe later.

No comments: