Sunday, April 5, 2009

One More Quick Update

We spent several days over Spring Break in Seattle with Robyn. Always fun! We kept it pretty low key, though we did venture to the aquarium. I made everyone visit Pike Street Market (I can't pass it by!) so of course, the kids had to have a picture on the pig. I wonder how many pictures of that pig we have?



We also ventured to see the troll in Fremont (which is also where Dylan had his haircut) and found a gluten free bakery. Yippeeeeee! I had a scone that I didn't make myself! The kids (and Robyn) spent some time trying to fly kites at Gasworks Park but the wind didn't cooperate for us.

Gotta love that troll!

The Flying Apron Bakery - Gluten free and Vegan!


Gasworks Park


And we ate - yummy, fabulous food! Naan and Curry in Renton on Sunday night (the best Indian food I've ever had), Tamarind Tree in Seattle on Monday night (the best Vietnamese food I've ever had) and Kim's house on Tuesday night (the best sushi and steak I've ever had :)). Kim showed us all how to make handrolls so we experimented with carrots, cucumbers, avocado, steamed octopus, seared tuna and raw salmon. My kids are troopers! We all tried the octupus and tuna and I think Lyndsi even went for the salmon!


Check out Lyndsi's handroll!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Finally catching up, although I did look at these pictures briefly with Dylan the other day. We almost went to see the troll in Fremont also! He's on my list of people to visit in Seattle next time we go! I can relate to the crazy spring schedule. Just think how fast it is going to fly by!