Monday, February 15, 2010

I'll Bet You Thought I'd Forgotten!

Not a chance! I just haven't posted any new pictures lately, that's all! I have to admit, it is getting harder and harder to find photos to take so a lot of my new pictures are ho hum. But that's how life is - some days are more exciting than others!

This was a class weekend for me so I spent Saturday and Sunday in a classroom at Eastmont Junior High in East Wenatchee. Steve and the kids drove up on Sunday afternoon to spend Valentine's night with me in my hotel room. It was a great excuse for the kids to play in the hot tub and for all of us to enjoy a fun dinner out in a different town.

The kids and I after my class. They brought me flowers!


The pitcher of sangria that Steve and I shared for our Valentine's dinner. It was so refreshing! The pitcher is deceptive - lots of liquid fits into that little thing!


Lyndsi performed in her second Missoula Children's Theater performance on Saturday. She auditioned for a part in King Arthur's Quest on Monday, rehearsed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and acted in two performances on Saturday. She enjoys these short plays so much! I missed this year's performance due to my class - such a bummer! Steve tells me it was adorable and I can't wait to watch the video. I did see Lyndsi's Mini Merlin costume - the best costume of the bunch!



It's Mini Merlin! Like I said - the best costume ever! There was a full size Merlin who also had this costume. Not sure what Mini Merlin's role was...




All the Minis. There was a mini for all the full size cast members. The minis were all 5, 6 or 7 years old. They sang, danced and yelled out their lines. So sad I missed it!

And now on to my Picture a Day files -




February 6

Lyndsi and Dylan started volunteering at the local cat shelter last summer. Their job is to pet and talk to and cuddle all the abandoned cats to keep them used to human interaction. Some of the kitties have never been treated nicely so are very wary of the little hands coming towards them. Some, though, are desperate for the friendly attention. This is Maggie May. She's been at the shelter for a while now. What a lover!


February 7

Gluten free cranberry scones - yum! Not bad, if I do say so myself!

February 8

I love that Dylan still likes giving out Valentines! I know he's only a fourth grader but the kids seem to grow up so fast. After this year, Dylan only has one more year at the elementary school and then he's off to middle school. I don't know what they do on Valentine's Day in the middle school but I'll bet they don't pass out cute, Snoopy cards.....sigh...

February 9

The 100th Day of School! Enough said!


February 10

I picked up our family pictures from Leanne's tonight. Lyndsi enjoyed the antics of Leanne's two cuties. There's a third cutie somewhere in the background but he wouldn't join the girls for the picture - a lot to ask from an 18 month old!


February 11

My neglected treadmill.......


February 12

Last minute shot of Lucy and Lyndsi - such good buddies!


February 13

This is the view from the library at Eastmont Middle School, where I take my master's courses. Wow! I sometimes find myself zoning while staring out the window! One day, in the middle of class, a flock of geese flew right by the windows. Cool!



February 14

Dinner at McGlinn's Public House in Wenatchee, WA. Baby back ribs for Dylan and spaghetti for Lyndsi. Both looked so yummy! I think the kids thought they tasted pretty good too!





February 15

Daffodils! Already? We've had such a mild winter that the poor little shoots think it's time to come out of the ground. Not in Eastern Washington! These shoots were all over Wenatchee. I may see flowers when I go back in March.

1 comment:

LCollier said...

Ahhh...love your pics of the day. So fun. And so proud of mini Merlin! Way to go Lyndsi!