Friday, February 5, 2010

I should be doing homework.....

But I'm not! I'm posting pictures instead! It's so much more fun!




January 30

Dylan raced in the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby and came in third place. That night he pulled out all his medals and ribbons and asked me to take a picture of him. He's so proud of all his awards! It doesn't really matter what the award is for, as long as there is a ribbon, medal or trophy involved, he's happy!

January 31

Reily and Lyndsi.....two peas in a pod....often confused as sisters because they spend so much time together! Kids at school don't know if I'm Reily's mom or Lyndsi's mom! The girls met as toddlers at the best daycare in the whole world. They've been inseparable ever since. On this day they entertained me with an original dance to a Hannah Montana song. It makes me smile to watch Lyndsi and Reily dance!

February 1

And then there are Max and Dylan. Max and Dylan met at the same fabulous daycare when they were 2. Max's mom was the provider and Dylan spent some long days with Max's family. The boys remain best buds to this day. They are both very active boys and have similar interests when it comes to play. I'm constantly amazed at their imaginative minds!

February 2

Blizzards! Yum! My favorite ice cream treat! I look for special celebrations so I have an excuse for a Blizzard! This time we were celebrating excellent report cards. I wonder what our next excuse will be?

February 3

I finally got a shot of Dylan's Pinewood Derby car and trophy. Tigers have intriqued Dylan from the time he wrote a report on the Bengal Tiger in second grade. Something has triggered that intrigue again recently and now Dylan want's everything around him to be orange and black - including his walls. I'm happy to report that Dylan's walls are still a nice tan and jungle green as he was able to satisfy his craving for orange by creating a tiger car!

February 4

I love miniature roses! They are delicate and petite yet hardy and tough. My friend, Amy, gave us this pretty little thing for letting Max hang out with us one evening. We certainly don't expect gifts in exchange for Max's presence at our dinner table but I am in love with this rose! It's a little ray of spring in my kitchen window.

February 5

Once again, I waited until bedtime to remember to take my daily photograph. As I was considering what I wanted to shoot tonight I spied these candlesticks. I bought myself this pair of antique "coke bottle" candlesticks from Grandma's Attic in Omak. They are heavy, thick glass and do have the coloring of an old Coke bottle. I don't know if they were recycled from bottles or not but I like the way they look on my dining room table right now!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, *Blush* at the best daycare comments. It was only the best because the best kiddos were here! I miss those days!

Great photos Jill! I'm envious of the fact that you are keeping up on our challenge. I've missed two or three days already. I'm still going though!

Glad you decided to not do homework tonight!

Amy