Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So Glad I Checked!

I had completely forgotten I started this post a month ago! I saved it but never published it....this is as exciting as finding a dollar in your pocket!


February 16
This is our new mantle decorated for Valentine's Day. I've wanted a mantle since we moved in to this house. Steve put one together for me this winter. I love it!


February 17
A lily from my Valentine's Day flowers. So bold!

February 18
Lyndsi and I were having a very serious discussion about spelling. "It's not nice that they invented words that have silent letters. It tricks little kids like Katie and that's not nice." Such a sincere statement from a first grader!

February 19
Lyndsi and I drove to Spokane for the weekend. I must be thinking about my mantle because this is the mantle in my parents' house! The copper caught my eye tonight. Most, if not all, of this copper came from my Grandma Schumacher's house in South St. Paul, MN.


February 20

Tea Party! Wehenever we go to Spokane, Lyndsi puts on a little tea party for whoever is around. Today she asked me to make this sign for her table!



February 21

The drive back from Spokane to Okanogan gets very long and boring! I loved seeing the mountains in the back of this looooong road.


February 22

Tamales for dinner! Yummy! We eat a lot of homemade tamales around here. Lots of women bring them to school to sell in the staff lounge. These were for a bailable (yes, I spelled that right!) group raising money to buy outfits for their dancing.

February 23

We've seen this picture before!


February 24

Lyndsi says she really likes playing the piano, she just doesn't like to practice! Can't say I disagree!

February 25

This is my classroom door. I love my little birdies! The two lovely ladies who work with me created this door and these cuties! One of the things in my life that make me smile!

February 26

Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet - this is the ceremony when Cub Scouts bridge into Boy Scouts. The ceremony is pretty formal but the pre-funk isn't! This is Dylan's Webelos den pretending to be dead beavers (I think!) during one of their goofy songs.

February 27

And then there were Girl Scouts - Healthy Heart event for Daisies and Brownies. Lyndsi and a few of her Daisy troop members having a healthy snack before dancing away the rest of the morning.

February 28

Steve taking a play break from yard work with the dogs.

March 1

This is our old bird Ricky. He's been pretty tired this week. He sleeps pretty much all the time now. I'm thinking we may not have him much longer. See how his talons (is that what they are on a parakeet?) are almost overlapping on his left foot? That's not typical - a stroke? Even though Ricky prefers his other bird friends to his human friends, I'm feeling a bit sentimental about his age.

Ricky died about a week after this picture was taken.

March 2
Steve graciously agreed to read "The Cat in the Hat" in honor of Dr. Suess' birthday. What a good sport!

March 3
My wine rack with fun bottles of wine! I love to keep pretty bottles of wine on my rack.


March 4

This morning out my back door.

March 5

The Reptile Man came to Okanogan and Dylan was having fun with this albino python. At least I thought he was having fun until I realized he was turning purple and was grimacing and not smiling! I think the python was getting a bit tired of playing.....

I'd love to add more but Blogger is having trouble keeping up with me! I'll have to continue this post tomorrow. Sigh......

2 comments:

LCollier said...

Love the one of Steve reading Cat in the hat. You have done SUCH a good job of keeping up witht the 365. I love reading your posts. It's quick and fun!

Amy said...

Awesome photos Jill! Way to go on keeping up with the challenge.

Love the birdies on your door! Woohoo to Dylan at the Spelling Bee! Your mantel is beautiful! I've always been envious of your curio collection. Mmmmm...homemade tamales! LOL to Lyndsi practicing her piano, cute picture and comment. Hmmmm...that bottle of wine looks familiar. So sorry to hear about Ricky. Good ole birdie!