Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Continues....

to tick away! By this time of the summer I usually start thinking about school and what I need to do before school starts. I know it seems early but we go back to school at the end of August so when the downside of July hits, my mind starts the switch over to teacher mode. Very slowly......


This summer has been really fun. We've camped, swam in the pool, fished, drank coffee, bar-b-qued, slept in, stayed up late, pulled weeds, visited farmer's market, swam in the lake, boated..... The only thing we haven't done that we usually do is travel. We decided to forego a big road trip this summer and to spend the money on our bathroom/Dylan's bedroom remodel project instead. I miss the leisure of travel but have enjoyed the ease of staying home.
Though July is nearing its end, we still have several summertime activities planned. Hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to post soon!

July 15

Dylan's turn for the photo! He's done well with the tennis lessons. He's quick on his feet.....which I'm not!

July 16
I'm so happy that my children still like to play in the park! Unfortunately, for them, we don't go often, but when we do, they still find joy in the simple toys. Check out Dylan flying through the air!

July 17
Lame picture! I remembered that I needed a picture as I was laying in bed after my Master's class in Wenatchee. This is the pile of things on the floor by my bed....

July 18
Instead of eating on our lunch break today, I shopped! We will be attending 2 outdoor weddings this summer and I needed a dress! So....I scarfed a sandwich back at the school, drove to the mall and did a 30 minute power shop! I bought all three of these dresses with the intent of returning 2. After modeling for my family, I've decided to keep the dress on the left!

July 19
One of the best sounds on earth! If you live in Okanogan you know you will be wakened at about 5:30 from the sound of a small airplane buzzing your house some time during the summer months. This is the sound of the mosquito sprayer spraying insecticide over the city. I know, I know......sounds awful! But when I argue that maybe the spray is bad for us all, those who have been eaten by mosquitos look like they'd like to kill me! We do have a bad mosquito problem in the Okanogan valley because of the river. Anyway, the reason I took this picture is because I'm amazed at how low this plane has to fly to drop the spray! In this picture, he is coming back up so he doesn't hit the houses on our hill!

July 20
True catch and release! The kids feel the need to add to our fish poplulation. We are now the proud parents of a blue gill and a sunfish, who have joined the koi and the goldfish in our backyard pond!

July 21
Happy 15th Anniversary Gary and Lynell! Thanks for letting us celebrate with you! We spent the evening with our good friends at the local winery. The owners brought in musicians from Chelan and sold their wine by the glass or bottle. We sat on the patio, listened to the music, chatted, and watched the sun go down. Perfect!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ha! New fish in the pond! You called it! You've been having a busy summer. I agree that the airplane buzzing over is a lovely sound. I didn't mind being woke up at all!