Friday, January 18, 2013

I'm Doing It Again!

I'd love to have a beautiful, soul-searching introduction to my new/old venture. Something that would make everyone want to do this with me because they, too, want to feel what I feel and see what I see. But I don't. So here it is.

I'm taking one picture every day for the year 2013. I did this in 2010. When 2011 came around, I felt a sense of relief that I didn't have to keep looking for pictures to take. When 2012 came around, I wished I were taking more pictures. By the time 2012 turned to 2013, I decided I needed to take pictures - pictures of things that make me smile, cry, shudder...pictures of things that make me feel something. I don't necessarily have trouble expressing my emotions. I just like having an outlet. Plus, pictures help me remember the blessings in my life.

So, if you don't want to see a lot of photos - stop here! Otherwise, welcome to my new/old venture!

Day 1 - Home
New Year's Day - we ate up leftovers and played games at dinner. After 2 weeks of being home from work and school together, it was time to return to normal. I was feeling sad! I wanted more of my family!

Day 2 - Home
Before she went to bed, I heard Lyndsi yell out, "Be sure to read my chest mom!" The request confused me but didn't surprise me. My chidren are often saying things I don't understand! The fact that Lyndsi had a big piece of silver duct tape across her Bobby Jack jammies surprised me! She'd written, "I want to sleep with you. Please let me [heart] Lyndsi". Awwwww! Yep, she slept with me.

Day 3 - Omak's Silver Sage Spa
Heavenly relaxation! I always knew I'd like massages. I had no idea how much I'd like massages! After dealing with a kinked neck and a knotty back that wouldn't quit, I tried massage. Aaahhh....I'm hooked!

Day 4 - Home
I love this rustic little set up I have here in my kitchen! Lyndsi made the sign at summer camp (love the t's!). The squash came from a roadside fruit stand on the way to Spokane- Shaw's Fruit. The kids and I stopped there this last fall, in search of pumpkins and other fall decor. Everything looked so comfortable together, we threw in some gold and pine and created a quaint Christmas basket! Yep, even the bottle of wine seems to fit. Now I don't have the heart to take it all apart. Some day!
I'm

1 comment:

thetessaroo said...

love it, jill! i wish you luck. it's a huge undertaking but the rewards totally outweigh anything negative, I think. I love seeing how you capture your everyday life, because after all, that's what we want to remember, right? thanks, as always, for sharing a delightful piece of the streeter family! xo