Friday, July 25, 2008

Ahhh....summer...

Max and Dylan leading the way


What a fun summer day we had! We started the morning with a bike ride in the mountains. We, along with The Cheeseman family, rode a 5.5 mile loop in the snow park on the Loup. Loup Loup Ski Bowl is our local ski hill. The snow park is across Highway 20 from the Ski Bowl and has groomed cross country skill trails in the winter. In the summer, the trails are perfect for hiking and biking. Dylan was thrilled with the whole experience and wants to do it again. Lyndsi had fun, too, but got bored a little sooner than the rest of us. She had the prime seat in the bike trailer!


Princess Lyndsi!

We had lunch at the ice cream shop in Okanogan and then the kids and the big boys (aka - the dads) floated the Okanogan river and played in the water for a couple of hours. Amy and I chose to forego the floating of the river for water aerobics in the local pool. I've been several times but this was Amy's first visit. It feels so good to stay cool while working out!

I finished painting the living room and hallway last night so today was my day away. Now I have to put everything away - tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kendal said...

I'm excited to see the final color choice!

Amy said...

We had so much fun biking! I can't wait to do it again. Water aerobics on Monday!