Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Vacation Photos

We head for home tomorrow and I think we are all anxious. We reunited with Ruthie today. The kids were so excited. Both of them wanted to be the first to actually see her. Lyndsi has been asking how many days until we see Ruthie again since about day 2! She would often ask me, "Do you think Ruth is scared without us there?" "Can you wait to see Ruthie, Mom?" and so on....

The reunion occured in my parents' front yard. Linda and Rod brought Ruth with them when they came for the bar-b-que my mom and dad were hosting. Amber's parents and our family friends, Bill and Nancy and Lee and Kathy came as well. Erin was even able to get off of work a bit early and join us for most of the evening also so we all enjoyed ourselves tremendously.

This morning we hopped in the car once more to take a quick drive to Loon Lake where 2 of Steve's cousins and their families were visiting. Steve's aunt and uncle live on the lake so we spent several hours enjoying the families and playing in the water. Both kids experienced the joy of riding a wave runner (jet ski?) with dad and Steve claims to fear both of their daredevil giggles as he tore around the lake with them. I even took a very short ride! Dylan played with Ryan and Lyndsi jumped off the dock with Katie. Chase wasn't too keen on the water but he wanted to be where the action was so he put his little toes in, too!


The Streeter/Poole/Evans cousins

So back to our trip....As I'm sure I mentioned many times, our first big stop was Menomonie, WI to visit my grandma and my aunt, uncle and cousins. I know I wrote about this already so I won't rewrite all my words but I do want to post a few pictures.

Dylan showing Grandma his bison bracelet.


The Streeter/Cunningham/Spradley cousins minus Samantha who was in bed!



Before arriving in WI we stayed in Jamestown, ND. Jamestown is famous for its white buffalo which my grandpa told us about many years ago. Apparently there is a small herd of bison and one of the herd is an albino. Her name is White Cloud (I think!). She gave birth to a bison who is not white and he, in turn, sired a bison who IS white. I don't remember her name but she is the little gal we saw with all the brown bison in the field that day. This was a pretty big event for Dylan who bought himself a bison bracelet to commemorate the visit.

The bison herd in Jamestown, ND


More soon.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! The white bison is so cool! I can imagine that Dylan enjoyed chasing those lizards around too.