Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dust Bunnies

I never thought I'd be so happy to have a dust bunny in the house! I guess I never considered the fact that Lyndsi could be a dust bunny. Hmmm... OK - let me explain! Lyndsi was in her first audition today. She auditioned for a part in the play, The Princess and the Pea. This isn't your traditional story about the princess who sleeps on mattresses covering a small pea. Apparently there are several dust bunnies and leprechauns in this story! And Lyndsi got the part of a Dust Bunny! When discussing this part with me she said, "Mom, you'll just have to blow me away!"

No rehearsal tomorrow but Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be full days for our family! The good news is that the performances are Saturday at 3 and at 7. Perfect! The Missoula Children's Theater is putting on this performance with the local kiddos. Though the timeline is short, the whole production is the real deal! The company brings all the props and costumes. They are incredibly organized and had 50 kids auditioning all at one time without problems. After an hour they had assigned all the parts and distributed scripts. I was thoroughly impressed and recommend it to all young actors. Though I may change my recommendation by the end of this week!

Look for another post tomorrow. Too late to write anything more now.

1 comment:

Kendal said...

Fun! Maybe Shawn and I will have to have a date night this weekend.