Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

A little early but I might not have access to an internet connection tomorrow. We'll be in Spokane visiting Steve's mom and my parents for the weekend. Haven't been there since Christmas!

Speaking of my parents...

My dad is home from the hospital. His recovery will still take 6 months to a year to be complete but at least he is resting at home. Yes - 6 months minimum! The doctors were able to identify the bacteria causing so much trouble as Nocardia. Apparently this little bugger is found in dirt and we are exposed to it on a regular basis. Normally, our bodies get rid of it without any problem but with a weakened immune system, which my dad has due to his cancer treatments, it can cause infection. This one happened to be in my dad's respiratory system, causing pneumonia.

Wow! So, dad sleeps a lot and takes heavy doses of a specific antibiotic, giving his body time to recover. Your prayers and positive thoughts were heard. Thank you!

Twigs

I think we are going to take the kids to Twigs in Spokane for Valentine's Dinner tomorrow night. They have a fabulous gluten free menu, the best bartender in town and a fun but classy atmosphere. The kids have wanted to go to dinner at Twigs since Erin started working there. I hope they are rested so they can be excited about their surprise!

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: