Thursday, June 10, 2010

One More Day!

Everybody sing along! School's out for summer..... Don't get me wrong - I really like being a teacher. But part of what I like about teaching is the nice long break. I get enough sleep, my tensions disappear and I go back to work refreshed. Everyone should be able to do this!

Actually, tomorrow is our last day of school. We are hosting the end of the year bar-b-que for the district again this year. I actually feel somewhat prepared this year! I'm looking forward to relaxing with some of the people I work with and their families.

Last weekend I had a class but Steve and the kids went to Spokane to surprise Linda with a retirement party put on by Barb and the girls. I guess it was truly a surprise to Linda and a lot of fun for her and all her guests. Some day I'll be attending all these events I keep missing because of my Masters classes!

I did learn something exciting when I returned from class on Sunday - we don't have class Stampede weekend! Woo hoo! Everyone who wants to come to Omak/Okanogan come on over! We have a nice backyard perfect for tents - right Erin!

Congratulations to both of my dedicated sisters. Erin found out a couple of weeks ago that she has earned entrance to nursing school. This is huge! There's quite a lot of competition so I'm proud of her!

Robyn and Kim completed their bike ride for the Team In Training fund raiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at Lake Tahoe. If I remember right, they rode 80 miles in one day. Wow! Some day I'd like to be able to say I accomplished something of that magnitude. Robyn personally raised almost $5000 all on her own! Way to go, sisters!

My parents continue to trek to Seattle every three weeks or so. They know the route by heart! They did take a week long Alaskan cruise in May and had a beautiful experience. It's been fun listening to their stories.

I'm still not caught up on my daily picture posts but here are a few more.

May 29

I've never seen a mushroom grow indoors until now! We've had a lot of wet weather lately and one of my houseplants decided it didn't like that! The plant died and this funky mushroom started growing from the soil. You can't tell from the photo but it was big! Yuck!

May 30

The kids were beat! We had a great Memorial Day bar-b-que at the O'Connors house on Sunday. The kids were so tired, this is how we found them when we came inside. We left soon after!

May 31
On a jaunt to Wal Mart, the sun tried to peek through the rain clouds. It created this pretty ray over the hills.

June 1
Hmmm....I'm thinking the Blizzard may become overtaken as my favorite ice cream treat! This little nummer is 8 oz of joy! The M&M McFlurry is darn good and much less expensive than it's fancier competitor!


June 2
I love my sconce planter! Amy gave this to us when we moved to our current house. I love the look of it when I stuff it with sphagnum moss and bold annuals. It greets anyone who comes to the front door.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow! It's been so long since I visited the blog world! Great photos Jill....keep it going!

I had no idea you got that great photo of the kids at the O'Connor's place on Memorial Day...and I absolutely LOVE the photo of Connie with the kids on the piano!

Thanks for hosting the staff gathering again! Always a good time!