Tuesday, August 3, 2010

14 Years of Wedded Bliss!

Steve hiking down the mountain and the mountain we climbed. Beautiful!



Yep - Steve and I have been married 14 years. Hard to believe! Our friends Amy and Jeff share our anniversary date so we've been celebrating together for the last couple of years. Yesterday, the four of us took a hike up a nearby mountain. I have some pictures to share but, let me tell you, they don't do the adventure justice! The hike up was challenging - we gained 1500 feet in just under a mile - but the hike down was treachorous! At one point I thought maybe Jeff and Amy were trying to kill me off! Hiding my body wouldn't have been a problem because the biting flies would take care of me in a matter of minutes.......

Anyway, I made it down the rocky cliff and the car was still parked where we left it and Jeff, Amy and Steve were all there, too, so I guess we're still friends. Maybe we'll just go out to dinner next year!


July 25

What a gorgeous lake! This is my dad in his fishing pontoon and Dylan and Steve in the canoe. All three of these guys tried all weekend to catch some fish but the fish just weren't biting.


July 26

Lucy went for a canoe ride with Steve and I! She got a bit bored by the whole thing!


July 27

Gluten free camping pancakes - aren't they pretty!


July 28

Dylan, Max and Lyndsi at the Sounders game - fun!


July 29

Amy and I sampled tea at a market near Pike Street. It was all so pretty.


July 30

It's a busy summer for gift buying. At one point I had 2 wedding gifts, 2 baby gifts, and 3 birthday presents ready to be given!


July 31

Being the procrastinator I am, I forgot to take a picture earlier in the day so this group agreed to let me take their photo. We were at Dayla's birthday party. So here we have Steve, Brett, Dayla, Jon and Jeff.


August 1
Lyndsi and Jenna made this yummy dog food doggy cake for Lucy's first birthday. They worked so hard and made such a mess! Ruth and Lucy hovered under the girls' feet during the whole process!

August 2
Steve at the top of Baldy Mountain. What a view! It was gorgeous and worth the extreme effort to get there!

4 comments:

Twigs said...

It almost looks like Steve is signing a Geocache log book. LOL

Jill said...

Steve WAS signing a geocache log book! The cache was at the top of the mountain. We were only the 4th and 5th cachers to find it!

thetessaroo said...

happy (treacherous) anniversary to two of the cutest people we know!

Jill said...

Awww...thanks, Tess!