Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two Weddings and a Reunion Concert!

We've been lucky enough this summer to attend 2 weddings, 2 Saturdays in a row. The first was for one of Steve's soccer "girls" he's been coaching for 4 of his last 5 years of coaching. She is also the daughter of one of my co-workers. I found myself taking a trip down memory lane as I remembered the 'kids' in attendance at the wedding as smaller children who I taught to read and write! Yep - I'm getting old! Anyway, Lyndsi and I both worried about what we'd wear (for different reasons) for months ahead of time, while Steve and Dylan didn't worry at all about their clothes and pulled an outfit together in about 10 minutes! Despite the wind, rain, thunder and lightening, this outdoor wedding was a pretty and relaxed (for the guests anyway!) event.

The second wedding took place last night - outdoors again, this time amidst a few sprinkles and cloudly skies. Let me sidetrack a bit here - Do you remember our August wedding? August should be hot and reliable, right? Not so! The night before our wedding, during our outdoor rehearsal dinner, we were bundled in winter coats and garbage bag raincoats! Trees fell across the road because of heavy winds and rain! The day of our wedding was a bit tempermental but Mother Nature cleared the skies and let the sun shine through right in time for the ceremony. Ahhh.....This wedding was for the daughter of my principal, whose family I've grown close to over the years. This group of 'kids' were a bit older so I didn't have any of them as students but I recognized many faces. The bride's niece, Jenna, is one of Lyndsi's best friends so this was a very special wedding for Lyndsi. She and Jenna have been making plans about what to wear, how to dance, how late to stay up, etc. for months and months and months! And they weren't disappointed - except when it was time to take little girls home an hour earlier than they had planned! They danced the night away, along with Dylan, Jenna's brother, the Cate boys, the Laffery girls and several of Jenna's young cousins. In fact, this very young crowd (the oldest being in 8th grade this year and the youngest being around the age of 2). In fact, this group got the dancing going and didn't stop all night!



If you follow me on Facebook at all, you know that I skipped out on a reunion concert of my all time favorite band (yep, even more than U2!), Black Happy, to attend this wedding. I wouldn't have been missed if I hadn't gone but Lyndsi would have been SO disappointed! So I made the very tough decision to stay in town. Tough but right! Thanks to Amy (and Jeff?), I heard pieces of the concert throughout the evening via cell phone :)


August 3
Steve, the kids and I joined Amy, Jeff, Zoe and Max at the Breadline, one of my favorite restaurants, for our anniversary dinner. This bike is so cute - as well as the little girl in front of it!


August 4
These turkeys were wandering past my parents' house. The kids and I were in Spokane for a quick visit

August 5
I know, horrible picture! But, it's all I got! My mom and dad took the kids swimming at a friends' house. It was a nice, cooling off for a hot day.

August 6
I think I already have this shot posted somewhere in my year but I couldn't resist the almost finished product! This is Erin's house. She has done a total remodel of the attic to turn it into a gorgeous bedroom. It is so airy and light up there and I think she's going to love it!

August 7
Now how many little girls can say they've danced with their principal? Not many kids would really want to dance with their principal but this guy's pretty cool! Lyndsi's in the red dress on the left.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Awesome to hear about the two weddings & love the pics!