Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Week Gone By

And what a fun week it's been! Last Sunday we drove to Bonaparte Lake where we camped with my parents and my sisters and all my doggie nieces. It was a beautiful couple of days full of floating the lake, fishing (and not catching a thing!), canoeing, kayaking, eating, being silly and on and on .... I really didn't want to leave!

Bonaparte Lake camping - breakfast around the campfire, yum!


We came back home on Tuesday to do a few loads of laundry and to repack so we could head out again Wednesday for Seattle with our good friends, the Cheesemans. Steve had managed to get some Seattle Sounders (soccer team) tickets for a good price. None of us had ever been to a professional soccer game. I'm hooked! I can't wait to go again!


Quick stop at Snoqualmie Falls on the way to Seattle



I was so excited to get my scarf!

Rather than turn around and come back home on Thursday, we spent the day with the Cheesemans and Robyn and Kim. Dylan and Max planned out a bus route for us to get to Pioneer Square so we could take the underground tour of Seattle.We learned what an interesting history Seattle really has! The day was beautiful so we walked through town, stopping at a childhood favorite toy store, Magic Mouse toys, and Pike Street Market. Along the way, Amy and I were lured into a tea shop for tea sampling while the big boys sampled the brew at the nearby Pike Brewery. The kids entertained themselves in the hat shop next door.

Magic Mouse Toy Store at Pioneer Square in Seattle

Dinner that night was at the Tamarind Tree. Yum! So exciting to be able to take some friends to one of our favorite restaurants!

I'm still clicking away on my daily pictures so those should be posted sometime soon!

No comments: