Friday, August 27, 2010

Reality Check

This morning I woke up at 4, not really feeling sorry for myself but not happy either. I'm not sure why, it's just something I do once in a while. I can blame it on gluten or on forgetting to take my "happy meds" or on migraines but it's really none of those things. It's just who I am and what I do.



Not being able to sleep I thought I might use the extra hours of quiet time to finish up some homework. Instead, I got on Facebook to see who else might be awake. That led to thinking, again, about people I've been thinking about all summer. Which then led to looking them up to see where they were. Last time I did this I discovered the death of a college friend's husband due to melanoma. I'm so sorry, Mari.



This time, I know a little about what's going on so I was pretty sure I wouldn't be shocked by what I read.



I can't even put into words what reading these blogs has done for me today.



Dori Greenaway

Joey Reed

No comments: