Monday, August 16, 2010

Too Much To Do To Go Back To School

Two weeks from today I will be back in school. Big sigh......I've had such an exhaustingly fun and busy week that it's hard for me to imagine working!

Last week we had a great few days, which I will write about tomorrow (much too late tonight to do it justice!)and this weekend we spent lots of hours outside.

This was Stampede weekend so the population of the area tripled! Friday night we rushed home from our few days away, gathered up some friends of the kids and hit the rodeo. I'm not a huge rodeo fan but I have to admit, I enjoyed this one! The bull riding was so exciting!

Saturday we sat through the kiddie parade then floated the Okanogan River with the Cheesemans, the O'Connors and their friends. I've never done this before so it was a new adventure for me! What a blessedly, glorious day Saturday was! The sun was warm and the water was cool. Aaaaahhhhhh!

Saturday night, the kids stayed with Max and Zoe while the adults hit the Stampede Beer Garden. I'm never bored when I'm people watching and the beer garden does not disappoint! What a lot of different characters come out on Stampede weekend!

Sunday seemed to come too fast when we got up to get to the Grand Parade. Not a very exciting parade but, once again, lots of great people watching!

We spent Sunday afternoon with some lovely friends watching the Suicide Race from the close vicinity of the river. Another new adventure for me this weekend! I've never watched the race from that vantage! SO....I now know what to do when people come to experience the Stampede with us! After the race we all went back to Lee Ann's for an end of weekend bar-b-que. Beautiful!

Today was a perfectly normal day........

Check out all the people in the river! It was hot today and we all had the same idea about watching the Suicide Race. If you look closely enough, you can see the racers crossing the bridge to get to the hill.

The racers hit the water!


One rider falls off his horse so he swims the river to get to this horse. The horse was well taken care of by the other racers so I thought it was pretty cool that the racer continued the race despite his obvious loss!


No comments: