Monday, January 18, 2010

Beautiful Day!

After days and days of rain we finally had a gorgeous day here in Okanogan! And we took advantage of it!

This morning we drove to South Summit to do some snowshoeing. The rest of my family enjoys skiing but since I don't and Lyndsi doesn't have skis, being on snowshoes is something we can all do together. Rather than stick to a designated snowshoe trail, we took off on our own and played in the deep snow - what a work out! It's nice to know we can drive for 20 minutes and be in the mountains!







After a quick shower and lunch we met my friend, Leanne, downtown for a photo shoot. We volunteered to be her models today as she is trying to get her photography business up and running. So much fun! I was impressed with Leanne's ability to take a disgustingly slimy stairwell, put us in it - and turn it into art! Her pictures are beautiful! The pictures I have here are actually some that I took while the kids and I entertained ourselves in between shots. Check out Soulography for Leanne's pictures.


Lyndsi took this one! The fence was hiding a dumpster!

These are mine - not bad! Completely unedited :)

Not sure why these murals all have bloody eyes but Dylan was loving it! Does anyone out there know about this mural in an Okanogan alley?



And this one is of Leanne and Lyndsi - I told Leanne I wouldn't post any pictures of her but I couldn't resist - look how she takes an alley full of wires, cars and abandoned garbage and makes it look good!


I promise to post my 365 pictures tomorrow but tonight - it's way past my bedtime!

2 comments:

LCollier said...

Oh Jill....the supersize comment WAS about me!!! ;) You stink.

LCollier said...

P.s...WHY didn't I do something with Dillon and that mural??? Boys!! I was just focusing on how Lyndsi and Jaye were bothy like..."ewwww". But Dillon...I should have thought of something cool. Oh well...next time.