Monday, January 25, 2010

Trivia Time

Do you know the names and ages of all the Brady's in their first season? Do you remember Mikey? How about Underoos and Dukes of Hazard? If you'd been here Saturday night you would have all these answers and more!

Amy and I pulled off a great 70's/80's themed party for Steve's and Jeff's 40th birthdays. It was so much fun to plan that I got a little worried that it wouldn't go well! We decorated with old photos of the boys and toys from our childhoods, played a great mix of music from that era, created a video of old tv shows and commercials, gave out tickets to everyone who came through the door, who answered trivia questions correctly, who used the word 'birthday' and who just looked really cool! We then did did door prize drawings throughout the evening with those tickets. Prizes were Sea Monkeys, Pop Rocks, Barrel o Monkeys games, well, you get the picture. I say we in my paragraph but I have to admit, Amy did most of the work last week and I jumped in on Saturday! I had some fun ideas, I just procrastinated!
Even DEVO made an appearance! We were serenaded with "Whip It"!

Costumes were totally optional so it was such a surprise to see these guys appear!


Steve was pretty much a goofball all night!

Almost set off the smoke detectors! You should see the black hole in the ceiling....hee hee!

This is also my January 23 photo for my 365 project. I loved the effect that the bright candles had on everything else.



January 24

Yes, those are brussel sprouts! Glorious, yummy brussel sprouts! I'm pretty sure they are my favorite vegie, though I have several other close seconds. I love to make brussel sprouts for dinner because I am guaranteed seconds on them - no one else likes them! I know, I'm a weirdo - but I'm a healthy weirdo!

January 25

I'm not sure if I just caught Lyndsi with a funny look or if she was feeling grumpy! I was picking her up from dance and thought she looked cute trying to tie her tap shoes together so I took the shot. Hmmmmm......maybe she was a little upset that I was late! I can't help it if people think the speed limit on Elmway is 30 mph - it's really 45! Anyway, Lyndsi's little grumpy face was short lived - here's her next look....

See the sparkle in her eye?

No comments: