Monday, January 11, 2010

One Resolution Going Well!

Remember I said I had a couple of resolutions? Well, so far, the only resolution I am seemingly able to keep is the fun one! I told myself I would do something active EVERY day - not every couple of days.....

Anyway, one resolution at a time! I have my next set of pictures to post so here goes -



January 7, 2010

Ah, Mrs. Nearants! Our favorite piano teacher! Actually, Mrs. Nearants is now Connie Palmer but I'll always know her as "Mrs. Nearants". She was the music teacher when I started teaching in Okanogan. Ask any Okanogan alum and they'll tell you what a fabulous teacher Mrs. Nearants was. I've had Dylan on Connie's waiting list for three years and this year she was able to take both kids! Finally! This picture shows what a beautiful soul Mrs. Nearants is and how much fun Dylan and Lyndsi have with her. Siobhan, another of the music students, is also in the picture.

January 8, 2010

Here is a picture of what I do in my "free time". Hmmm..... never was much for drama....I am working on getting a Master's degree in Integrated Arts in the Curriculum. I seem to have books and articles all over the dining room! Lyndsi and I took a weekend trip to Spokane and, on Friday night, I spread out in my parents' kitchen! I'm now done with my drama class and will start a curriculum class this weekend.

January 9, 2010

I caught Lyndsi and Papa watching the Gonzaga Bulldogs basketball game on Saturday afternoon. My dad hasn't been able to go use his season tickets lately so Lyndsi joined him in the comfort of his toasty warm basement to watch a great game! I was upstairs doing homework but I caught a yell and a groan every once in a while! Nana joined the little party at half time.

January 10, 2010

Little red fuzzies! That's what those poxy looking things are on our van floor! Yes, there is some garbage in there as well but just ignore that and focus on the red fuzzies that we find here, in our bedroom, in the dining room, in the living room, in the bathroom.....you get the idea! Lyndsi has always loved the texture of anything knitted, crocheted or furred. Basically, anything she can pull on with her thumb and her index finger. She pulls off little bits, rolls it around in her fingers and then tosses the fuzz to the floor. When Lyndsi was about 4 or 5 and having so much trouble with a new daycare, she'd take her pulling blanket, sit on the floor and make little piles around her. Her 'teachers' never could figure out where the fuzzies came from! Not until I explained anyway!

January 11, 2010

OK - I know. Normal people don't take pictures of their first experience with a mammogram thingy...I'm not really sure what you call this tall tool...but, I have this challenge I have to keep up with! What a perfect experience to photograph! Well, not the experience itself, just the squishing contraption. The whole experience was rather intriguing but not something I will look forward to in the future. There is a bit of dignity lost in it all! However, the discomfort is short lived and the necessity is life saving. Don't worry, I won't be taking photos of my first colonoscopy........I don't think.......

1 comment:

LCollier said...

Okay...the mammogram bit is just funny. Colonoscopy..hehee.
And I love that sweet photo of your Dad and Lyndsi. Cute. Great job on keeping up with this!!